Sunday, January 01, 2006

stand up for ur decisions

have u ever gotten into a situation where u've made a decision but ur friends come and ask u to do or go somewhere else with them? like for instance.. my church have always made the new year's countdown as a tradition. and i was just talking to my mum this morning bout ppl who go to bukit bintang or any other celebration place to countdown with strangers. for me...i really think that new year's is pretty important. cuz it's like a new beginning. and it's special to me. so something special means celebrating it with either church ppl or close friends. so i decided that im gonna make sure i countdown every year in church. cuz there's where i want to be.

but then...at like 7 something. my friends started to call me. and ask me where im going and whether i would like to join them to either a party or to the curve for the countdown. my first answer was i cant cuz i need to go to church. and my friends they too have a church countdown and they are pretty strong Christians. but i dont know why they didnt attend their church countdown. i guess no one's perfect. so anyway... after hanging up. my mind starts thinking bout the decision i have made. whether going to church is better than counting down with my friends. so i was sms-ing with justina la. i was telling her that it's really not an easy decision and it's not easy to stand up for ur beliefs and decisions..but i guess this is where u have to learn to be different. and it's really not easy. seriously. esp. when u have ur close friends to celebrate with. so this is when u have to choose between God and friends. and im really glad that i chose God. i mean obviously i feel sad that i cant celebrate with my friends. but i guess u cant sit on the fence. u've got to choose between them.

i guess this is like learning ground la. im pretty sure there are more days to come where i have to choose between church services with my friends. it has been a part of my struggles and it still is. at least not as bad as last time. cuz now me and my friends are quite committed in church stuffs. so they'll understand. hehe. =) which is one thing in my life that i thank God for. friends that understands my commitments in church.

No comments: