Saturday, March 08, 2008

random nonsense

i have loads to write bout my work. where do i start. i actually wanted to post some random pictures but decided on adding more to this post. let's seee.....


the first day of my work was quite a fun one. as i stepped out of the lift, i was thinking of what should i do cuz i arrived at bout 10 mins earlier. but luckily, as i was walking, i heard yih ren talking really loud from behind and i knew i heard his voice from somewhere. so i turned around and saw them. *phew* *lets out breath* finally. my "savior's" haha.

walked in and li teng said she'll call ching yen for me. the quite scary but nice interviewer i meet the last time. she directed me into the room and i waited and waited. then she came back in and brought me newspaper as well as the contract that i needed to sign. u seee... frost & sullivan is a global growth consulting company (what i always hear when winson calls ppl to do some telephone interview) and apparently it's a huge & famous company. that's why need contract la.

then she went to check whether my desk was ready and she came back in and said she'll give me a tour of the place. which wasn't really big. it's long la. narrow & long. the pantry is super small and it looks as if they tried to stuff the whole place with as much tables, chairs, and dividers as they possible can. they have another block which is more spacious and new.

then i sat next to the IT guy who is preparing my computer for me. which took like a million years. it was already 9.30 okay. so i waited and waited..........again. and FINALLY *phew* i got my table. which isn't very HUGE. note: stuffing the place crazy? dont worry. will take a picture.... soon! haha so anyway, i sat there. trying to figure out how to use lotus 7. they have their own "msn messenger" it's called SAMETIME. we can PING a.k.a message ppl in the office bout anything or nothing at all. we use this to chat. haha. and also i use it to ask my boss bout work stuff la. duhhhhhhhh.

then came my boss, he asked me to open the email (like as if i know how to use lotus) so i was super blur. simply clicking here and there. then he asked me to open the website. i opened it and nothing appeared. i couldn't see anything other than the frame of the table where the information is suppose to be in. so he asked me to wait, he'll come back. but he didnt come back at all! note: it was already 10....!!! so i asked winson bout SAMETIME and how do i operate it. but it wasn't working as well. awwwww mannn. i was beginning to have a feeling that the 1st day of my work is gonna be damn sucky. sigh. he helped me to "ping" the IT guy, eric, and minutes later eric came and fix everything.

at bout 10.30, everything wrong bout my computer was fixed *phew* please don't tell me it's the user problem (but i really think it is. my computer has been really weird for the past 2 days). so since my boss hasn't come back, i decided to give SAMETIME a try. chatted and chatted and they said that i have the best place in the whole company cuz my table is at the back of the office and my back is facing the wall. meaning i can do ANYTHING!!! but u see.. im so innocent & i don't dare to do any nonsense on my first day, i only dared to go on facebook and check my mails and.... oh oh... not to forget, i went to meebo as well to chat on msn.

at 11 plus, my boss finally came back to explain to me bout my job. at that time, i was surfing the net and busy chatting away. i was so freaked out to see him suddenly appear okay. sheesh. from then on, i was multitasking *evil grin* so that was my first day... but after lunch, i had this really bad migraine that made me slow down on my work. made me feel like puking. i didnt really feel too well. sigh

so yesterday was casual friday and seriously, some ppl really took it too far. they wore REALLY REALLY casually. like huge t-shirt, 3 quarters, and aunty shoes for example. and on fridays, we have free breakfast *yum yum* really good food. haha. i had to email my boss the work that i did the day before and after few hours, he came back to me and asked me how did i do my work cuz it's really really simple. i just copy and paste countries name and numbers from a website to an excel spreadsheet. then he said that i needed to speed up on my work cuz i have 100 countries more and this is only my first. bahs!

i'll be ready on monday. equipped with my earphones, hard disk filled with a million songs, panadol, and jacket. haha





in ktz, 1u
it's more expensive there

his edison smile
he can do better one


this is a must have in my office
CHOC-O-CINO
i've talked bout this before *click*



i was SO happy when li teng showed me the drinks machine. hahah. it even took away some of the pain from the migraine. i have this drink everyday at bout 3-4pm and we steal the cup first. okay let me explain why. actually she helps me to steal it la. we can only use the cups in the picture above and there's only a limited amount of it. the kakak will only wash it once in a while. so just in case i dont have a cup to use, we take it and put it on my desk *grin* aren't we smart? but next time we should take a spoon as well. haha. dont dare to drink it in the morning. in case i get stomach ache. anyway, time to sleep now. don't expect a frequent update cuz i have a feeling that i'll be too tired and too lazy to post alot during the weekdays. cheh wah. say until like i have alot of readers. ahahaha!



No comments: