Wednesday, February 20, 2008

first interview

today i went for my very first interview. it was really short notice. she called me before i was bout to go out for lunch with kevin. she was mumbling and talking so fast that i couldnt even hear her name and the company's name properly. oh my goodness. after much contemplating and hard-force-myself decision making (i hate hate making decisions), we decided to go for the interview. thank goodness kevin was there to teman me

before i continue, i had to choose whether i was going for the interview was because i had another job offer from my friend's kindy. there's a job opening as an asst. teacher to my friend for 5 year olds. not really what i want because i wanna teach younger kids. that's why the hard-force-myself decision making

we reached plaza mont. kiara later than the intended time because of jam and we were trying to find car park in the weird basement of plaza mont. kiara. we were trying to find the lift to get out of the car park. however, it was easy to find the company. it's called frost & sullivan. so funny right the name? ahha. we went in and the receptionist wasnt friendly but after a while she was la. she gave me a form to fill out before going for the interview. i hate filling up these forms.

u see... i didnt realize it was an interview, interview. like a formal one...? she said she just need me to come in and then we'll sit down and chat. and she asked me to bring my results and transcripts and such. and i was like what...? not ready... so she said nevermind, it's okay, just come in and we'll talk for a short while.

so when we got into the office, everyone was dressing so formally and li teng and her friends (which i cant remember their names) were also dressed very nicely. the guys was wearing button down shirt and tie i think. if i remember correctly. and they are like part time workers man....! oh my goodness. dress so nice. i straight away did a mental run through of my wardrobe seeing what i can wear and what i cant wear. and i realize that i have nothing formal. tops maybe but no formal pants or skirt. shit...! oh wells, if i get the job, i can go shopping. hehe =)

but..... after the interview, i dont think im really keen on getting the job. before i went for the interview, i prayed and ask God that if this wasnt the job for me, pls just smack the door shut at my face. and really God has His sense of humor. it was kind of like a smack in the face because it wasnt really the job that i thought it would be. long story bout the interview because i'll bore u guys to death. ask kevin, he was bored to death when i came out. haha.

now, as i have some time to think bout it and going through the interview session, i am VERY certain that i will not take the job. they arent sure whether they wanna hire me because i might be going for a holiday in march and also because i can only start next week. the only reason why i wanted to get that job was because of the pay. and money cant buy happiness and money is not everything.

in the end of the day, God can make things aligned to His will. He will let us go through it, but slowly and surely, He will lead us back to where He wants us to be.



swaying far far away from my purpose of this post, i will not be able to visit wing lian before may because my mum wants to go hong kong instead. she said dont wanna disturb him when he hasnt settled down yet. besides, he'll be there for a long long time. not being able to visit him means not able to visit justina as well. sorry babes. we'll go have our own trip to somewhere la =)


No comments: