Wednesday, January 16, 2008

amazed

i woke up this morning. hoping that i can get a day off from work today. because my legs ached so badly after 2 days of walking back and forth the shop. fulfilling the every wish of the manager. she's nice no doubt. but she can be scary. if she doesnt smile when she looks at u, she can look like a b***h or "chun" la.


these 2 days, actually last week as well, i've been working my butt off. hanging and putting back the clothes after it has been tried. only once in a while the other people would help me, but most of the time, they just stand together near the fitting room and talk. they say that they're waiting to serve the customer.


one of the people that i work with is worse. she claims that she's serving the customer but her job is so simple. she just stand near the fitting room and ask them how is it. if they dont like it, she dumps it into the bucket. if they like it, she goes and get new clothes for them. she waits till the bucket is full then she drags it to me and say it's my job. when she's not doing anything, she doesnt even come and help. there was once, she took a few clothes from the bucket and hang it back, and i was walking around trying to arrange the clothes and accessories, then she came to me, can u put it back? i want to serve the customer. im like "harloooooooooooo....!!!!!! the customer is still trying on the millions of clothes that she brought in. and it's just 5 clothes... cant u hang it back urself????" but of course i didnt say that out loud. u know me..... timid and never stand up for what i want.


and everyday since last week, i keep having headache when it comes to bout 4-5 o'clock. can u imagine it? having a severe headache and running back and forth the shop. sigh. it just caused me to dislike work even more. i used to be able to enjoy it. that's why i took the day off today. my legs is so painful that i can even stand or walk right. it amazes me by how im able to stand in the shower everyday after work. when i come home, it's like im on numb mode. my whole body, head, and mind are like a robot once im home.


as i was doing my QT just now, i read from 1 peter 5:6-11. actually it was suppose to be 8-11 but the other 2 verses was colored so just read it anyway. but it touched me even more.


1 Peter 5:6-11

v6 "humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time"

v7 "cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you"

v8 "be self-controlled and alert. your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

v9 "resist him, standing firm in the faith,because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings"

v10 "and the God of all grace, who called you into His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast"

v11 "to Him be the power forever and ever. Amen"


it left me speechless once i read this.

once again, God has showed Himself real to me.
once again, He never fails to amaze me.
once again, He showed that He cared.
once again, i felt that im something in His sight. no longer insignificant

1 comment:

JammyG! said...

Hey ester!

Where's the chatterbox? haha... Someone's WORKING already eyh? =p

How's life laaa? Doing fine? No future plans now that you've finished UNSW? uhmmm...

Just so you know, I've changed my blog link to www.imaginationoverintelligence.blogspot.com

Relink me yea? =)

See you around!

Cheers,
Jeremy