Monday, September 10, 2007

* over u *

now that it's all said and done
i cant believe u were the one
to build me up and tear me down
like an old abandoned house
what u said when u left
just left me cold and out of breath
i fell too far, was in way too deep
guess i let u get the best of me

well, i never saw it coming
and i should've started running
a long, long time ago
and i never thought i'd doubt u
im better off without u
more than u, more than u know
im slowly getting closure
i guess it's really over
im finally getting better
and now im picking up the pieces
from spending all of these years
putting my heart back together
cause the day i thought i never get through
i got over u

u took a hammer to these walls
dragged the memories down the hall
packed ur bags and walk away
there was nothing i could say
and when u slammed the front door shut
a lot of others opened up
so did my eyes
so i could see
that u were never the best for me

No comments: